How to lock all cell references in formulas at once in Excel?
Normally, you need to lock all cell references to make them absolute in order to prevent cell references changed with formulas. This article shows you methods to achieve it.
You can run the following VBA code to lock all cell references in formulas at once in a selected range. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Lock all cell references in formulas at once
Sub test() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCell In xRg xCell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(xCell.Formula, xlA1, , xlAbsolute) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, please select the cell range with formulas you need to lock the references inside, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all cell references are locked in selected formula cells at once. See screenshot:
The Convert Refers utility of Kutools for Excel helps you quickly lock all cell references in formulas at once with several clicks.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the formula cells you need to lock, then click Kutools > More > Convert Refers.
2. In the Convert Formula References dialog box, select the To absolute option in the Convert formula references section, and then click the OK button.
Then all cell references are locked (converted to absolute references) in selected formula cells at once. See screenshot:
- How to lock or protect cells after data entry or input in Excel?
- How to lock or unlock cells based on values in another cell in Excel?
- How to lock picture/image to or inside cell in Excel?