To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 18 days agoHi, Marie,
Normally, the inserted picture will not be resized with the column width or row height changes.
If you apply the above method in this article to change the picture's prperties for hiding the images when hiding columns and rows, to make the image not be resized with the column width or row height, you just need to check Move but don't size with cells option in the Properties section.
How to hide picture when hiding rows or columns in Excel?
Normally, when you hide columns or rows which contain a picture in a worksheet, the picture will be not hidden as following screenshot shown. How could you hide the picture when hiding rows or columns in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In fact, you can change the picture’s property to make the picture hiding with the rows or columns hidden, please do as follows:
1. Right clicking the picture that you want to hide when hiding the rows or columns, and then select Size and Properties from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Picture pane, under the Size & Properties tab, select Move and size with cells option from the Properties section, see screenshot:
3. And then close the pane, now, when you hide columns or rows which with the picture, the picture will be hidden as well.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThis definitely helps hide the images when hiding columns, but what if you don't want the images to be resized with the column width or row height?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHmmm. This works, in theory, but I'm finding that the images are being associated with the wrong rows (i.e. the image above or below hides, rather than the image within the hidden row). Any ideas?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoVery nice. Thank you.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoOddly, i can't get this to work with rows, but it works with columns.
Does anyone else have this issue in excel 2014?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoUnbelievable easy , so many time searching for solution.