How to disable add-ins at Excel startup?
You may have installed some add-ins in your Microsoft Excel, but now you need to disable a specified add-in at Excel startup. How to solve this problem? Method in this article can help you.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can modify Window’s Registry to disable specified add-in in Microsoft Excel when starting up. Please do as follows.
1. Enter the word Regedit into the window’s search box, and press the Enter key.
2. In the Popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. In the Registry Editor dialog box, you need to open the Excel Addins folder as below path shown:
4. Then expand the Addins folder, and select the loader folder with the name of the add-in you need to disable at Excel startup. See screenshot:
5. Go to the right pane of the Registry Editor dialog box, you can see there is a REG_DWORD file named LoadBehavior, please right click on it and select Modify from the context menu.
6. Then the Edit DWOED dialog box pops up, please replace the number in the Value data box with 0, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Close the Registry Editor dialog box.
When starting up your Microsoft Excel, the specified add-in is disabled without displaying on the ribbon.
- How to disable or do not allow Save & Save As options in Excel?
- How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
- How to disable cut, copy and paste functions in Excel?
- How to disable right click on sheet tab in Excel?
- How to disable the right click menu in specified worksheet or whole workbook in Excel?