How to disable add-ins at Excel startup?
You may have installed some add-ins in your Microsoft Excel, but now you need to disable a specified add-in at Excel startup. How to solve this problem? Method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can modify Window’s Registry to disable specified add-in in Microsoft Excel when starting up. Please do as follows.
1. Enter the word Regedit into the window’s search box, and press the Enter key.
2. In the Popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. In the Registry Editor dialog box, you need to open the Excel Addins folder as below path shown:
4. Then expand the Addins folder, and select the loader folder with the name of the add-in you need to disable at Excel startup. See screenshot:
5. Go to the right pane of the Registry Editor dialog box, you can see there is a REG_DWORD file named LoadBehavior, please right click on it and select Modify from the context menu.
6. Then the Edit DWOED dialog box pops up, please replace the number in the Value data box with 0, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Close the Registry Editor dialog box.
When starting up your Microsoft Excel, the specified add-in is disabled without displaying on the ribbon.
- How to disable or do not allow Save & Save As options in Excel?
- How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
- How to disable cut, copy and paste functions in Excel?
- How to disable right click on sheet tab in Excel?
- How to disable the right click menu in specified worksheet or whole workbook in Excel?