How to disable add-ins at Excel startup?
You may have installed some add-ins in your Microsoft Excel, but now you need to disable a specified add-in at Excel startup. How to solve this problem? Method in this article can help you.
You can modify Window’s Registry to disable specified add-in in Microsoft Excel when starting up. Please do as follows.
1. Enter the word Regedit into the window’s search box, and press the Enter key.
2. In the Popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. In the Registry Editor dialog box, you need to open the Excel Addins folder as below path shown:
4. Then expand the Addins folder, and select the loader folder with the name of the add-in you need to disable at Excel startup. See screenshot:
5. Go to the right pane of the Registry Editor dialog box, you can see there is a REG_DWORD file named LoadBehavior, please right click on it and select Modify from the context menu.
6. Then the Edit DWOED dialog box pops up, please replace the number in the Value data box with 0, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Close the Registry Editor dialog box.
When starting up your Microsoft Excel, the specified add-in is disabled without displaying on the ribbon.
- How to disable or do not allow Save & Save As options in Excel?
- How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
- How to disable cut, copy and paste functions in Excel?
- How to disable right click on sheet tab in Excel?
- How to disable the right click menu in specified worksheet or whole workbook in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!