How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to trigger a VBA script by clicking a Command Button. But you would like the Command Button to be disabled after clicking it once in Excel. How to achieve it? This article will provide method to help you get it done.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Supposing you want to automatically copy data of range A1:C17 to a new range J1:L17 by clicking on Command Button 1 in current worksheet. And disable this Command Button after the copying and pasting. Please do as follows.
1. Turn on the Design Mode under the Developer tab by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
2. Right click on the Command Button which has been assigned with VBA script, and then click View Code from the context menu.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please add the following code into the second to last piece of code within the original code as below screenshot shown.
VBA code: Disable Command Button after clicking once in Excel
CommandButton1.Enabled = False
Note: CommandButton1 is the name of the Command Button.
4. Then press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
And after clicking the Command Button to run the VBA code once, the button will turn to gray and unable to click any more as below screenshot shown.
- How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?