How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to trigger a VBA script by clicking a Command Button. But you would like the Command Button to be disabled after clicking it once in Excel. How to achieve it? This article will provide method to help you get it done.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you want to automatically copy data of range A1:C17 to a new range J1:L17 by clicking on Command Button 1 in current worksheet. And disable this Command Button after the copying and pasting. Please do as follows.
1. Turn on the Design Mode under the Developer tab by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
2. Right click on the Command Button which has been assigned with VBA script, and then click View Code from the context menu.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please add the following code into the second to last piece of code within the original code as below screenshot shown.
VBA code: Disable Command Button after clicking once in Excel
CommandButton1.Enabled = False
Note: CommandButton1 is the name of the Command Button.
4. Then press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
And after clicking the Command Button to run the VBA code once, the button will turn to gray and unable to click any more as below screenshot shown.
- How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoGreat solution for my data entry form. I used it to avoid duplicate entries due to double clicks in the form button. I deactivate after the data entry adding a code to the clear button to add more data.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoTengo la misma pregunta
una vez activado no se vuelve a activar. Hay forma de que pasado 24hr se active nuevamente
Good morning. Once the button has been depressed and is no longer functional, is there a command to allow the button to reactivate after for example 24 hours has passed?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoGood morning. Once the button has been depressed and is no longer functional, is there a command to allow the button to reactivate after for example 24 hours has passed?