How to disable button after clicking once in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to trigger a VBA script by clicking a Command Button. But you would like the Command Button to be disabled after clicking it once in Excel. How to achieve it? This article will provide method to help you get it done.
Supposing you want to automatically copy data of range A1:C17 to a new range J1:L17 by clicking on Command Button 1 in current worksheet. And disable this Command Button after the copying and pasting. Please do as follows.
1. Turn on the Design Mode under the Developer tab by clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
2. Right click on the Command Button which has been assigned with VBA script, and then click View Code from the context menu.
3. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please add the following code into the second to last piece of code within the original code as below screenshot shown.
VBA code: Disable Command Button after clicking once in Excel
CommandButton1.Enabled = False
Note: CommandButton1 is the name of the Command Button.
4. Then press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode under the Developer tab.
And after clicking the Command Button to run the VBA code once, the button will turn to gray and unable to click any more as below screenshot shown.
- How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!