How to disable right click on sheet tab in Excel?
This article is talking about disabling right-click on sheet tab in a workbook. Please do as below method step by step.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA script can help you to disable the right-click menu on sheet tab in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. In the workbook you need to disable the right-click function on sheet tab, press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook on the left Project pane, then copy and paste the following VBA code into the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Disable right click on sheet tab in Excel
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = True End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = False End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Click File > Save As. In the Save As dialog box, please specify a folder where you need to save the workbook, name it in the File name box as you need, and select Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook option from the Save as Type drop-down list, and finally click the Save button.
Now the workbook has been saved as an Excel macro-enabled workbook, and the right click function on sheet tab is disabled while using this workbook.
- How to disable cut, copy and paste functions in Excel?
- How to disable the right click menu in specified worksheet or whole workbook in Excel?
- How to prevent or disable edit mode by double clicking cell in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoSuperb Right Click in sheet tab is working.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoPrivate Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = False
this only deactivates RIGHT CLICK -- does not prevent the DOUBLE CLICK on tab from being renamed...