How to delete blank cells and move data left in Excel?
In some cases, there may be some blank cells in your data range, and you want to delete the empty cells and then move the data left as below screenshot was shown, how can you quickly handle it without manually moving one by one? In this tutorial, I introduce a quick way to solve it in Excel.
To delete blank cells and move left, you just need to select all blank cells and delete them then shift right.
1. Select the data range, press Ctrl + G to enable Go To dialog, and click Special. See screenshot:
2. In the Go To Special dialog, check Blanks option, and click OK. See screenshot:
3. All the empty cells have been selected in the range, right click at one of these blanks, and select Delete from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Delete dialog, check Shift cells left option, and click OK. See screenshot:
Then the blank cells have been deleted and the data have been moved left. See screenshot:<br/
Batch insert blank rows or columns in a specific interval in Excel range
|If you want to insert blank rows in every other row, you may need to insert them one by one, but the Insert Blank Rows & Columns of Kutools for Excel can solve this job in seconds. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- How to copy and paste only nonblank cells in Excel?
- How to count ignoring zeros or blank cells in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!