How to count total rows in a table in Excel?
This article is talking about counting total rows in a specified table in Excel. Please do as follows.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
The below VBA code can help you to count the number of rows in a specified table in Excel.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys together to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Count total rows in a table in Excel
Sub CountTableRows() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2017/9/12 Dim xTable As ListObject Dim xTName As String On Error Resume Next xTName = Application.InputBox("Please input the table name：", "KuTools For Excel", , , , , , 2) Set xTable = ActiveSheet.ListObjects(xTName) MsgBox "The table has total number of " & xTable.Range.Rows.Count & " rows.", vbInformation, "KuTools For Excel" Set xTable = Nothing End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the opening Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the table name which you need to count its total rows, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now, another Kutools for Excel dialog box pops to show you how many rows existing in this specified table, please click the OK button to finish.
- How to count number of cells between two values or dates in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in selection in Excel?
- How to count number of “Yes” or “No” answer in Excel?
- How to count if cell contains text or part of text in Excel?