How to create a floating column chart in Excel?
A floating column chart is usually used to display the minimum and maximum value of data. Thus, the series of the chart does not connect to an axis but above the axis which views as floating. In this article, I introduce how to create a general floating column chart.
Supposing the data is shown as below screenshot, now we create the floating column chart step by step.
1. In the next column of the data, column D, we need to calculate the difference between the highest and lowest values in each row. Type this formula =B2-C2 to the Cell D2, and drag the fill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
2. Hold Ctrl key to select the data column, the lowest value column, and the difference value column, and then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > Stacked Column. See screenshot:
3. Click at the lowest series in the chart to display the Format tab. See screenshot:
4. Under Format tab, click No Fill in Shape Fill list, and No Outlines in Shape Outline list. See screenshot:
Then the floating column chart has been created successfully.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!