How to create a floating column chart in Excel?
A floating column chart is usually used to display the minimum and maximum value of data. Thus, the series of the chart does not connect to an axis but above the axis which views as floating. In this article, I introduce how to create a general floating column chart.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing the data is shown as below screenshot, now we create the floating column chart step by step.
1. In the next column of the data, column D, we need to calculate the difference between the highest and lowest values in each row. Type this formula =B2-C2 to the Cell D2, and drag the fill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
2. Hold Ctrl key to select the data column, the lowest value column, and the difference value column, and then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > Stacked Column. See screenshot:
3. Click at the lowest series in the chart to display the Format tab. See screenshot:
4. Under Format tab, click No Fill in Shape Fill list, and No Outlines in Shape Outline list. See screenshot:
Then the floating column chart has been created successfully.
|Kutools for Excel: The 200 functions you must have in Excel, you can free download from here|
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis site is amazing. I am learning so many new things. Thanks for the info. :)