How to rank based on two columns in Excel?
Supposing there are three columns, one with names, the other two with the first scores and second scores, now you want to rank the names based on the scores in two columns, how can you deal with this problem in Excel?
Here I have a formula that can quickly rank on two columns
Select a blank cell which you will place the ranking result, for instance, D2, and type this formula =RANK(B2,$B$2:$B$7)+SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$7=$B2),--(C2<$C$2:$C$7)), press Enter key, and then drag fill handle over the cells which use this formula.
In the formula, B2 and C2 are the first cells in each column, and B2:B7 and C2:C7 are the two columns you use.
- How to quickly rank a list by a specific value in Excel?
- How to easily rank list without ties in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!