How to highlight all misspelled words in worksheet in Excel?
It is easy to check the spelling of texts in Excel worksheet. However, do you know how to highlight all misspelled words in a worksheet? A method in this article can help you to solve this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to highlight all misspelled words in the worksheet with VBA code.
1. In the worksheet with misspelled words, you will highlight, please press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Highlight all misspelled words in worksheet
Sub ColorMispelledCells() Dim xRg As Range, xCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("please select range：", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg If Not Application.CheckSpelling(xCell.Text) Then _ xCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 28 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range contains the misspelled words you will highlight, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all cells containing misspelled words are highlighted immediately in selected range as below screenshot shown.
- How to highlight cell if value exists in or equals to cell in another column in Excel?
- How to compare two strings for similarity or highlight differences in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to change cell color when cell is clicked or selected in Excel?
- How to color or highlight certain word in cells in Excel?