How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
Normally, pressing the Delete key on the keyboard can delete contents of selected cells. But how to clear the cell formatting as well when deleting the contents? This article introduces a VBA method for you to solve this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below VBA code can help you clear cell contents and formatting at the same time, please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you want to clear contents and formatting from cells, please press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells
Sub sbClearCellsOnlyData() Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select cell(s)：", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xRg.Clear Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the cells you will clear contents and formatting at the same time, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see contents and formatting of selected cells are cleared immediately as below screenshot shown.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?