How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
Normally, pressing the Delete key on the keyboard can delete contents of selected cells. But how to clear the cell formatting as well when deleting the contents? This article introduces a VBA method for you to solve this problem.
The below VBA code can help you clear cell contents and formatting at the same time, please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you want to clear contents and formatting from cells, please press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells
Sub sbClearCellsOnlyData() Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select cell(s)：", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xRg.Clear Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the cells you will clear contents and formatting at the same time, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see contents and formatting of selected cells are cleared immediately as below screenshot shown.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?