How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
Have you ever encountered a prompt box as the left screenshot shown when trying to enter content into a cell? That’s because the cell has been restricted for entering certain value. This article will show you how to clear the restricted values from cells in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to clear restricted values in cells in Excel.
1. Select the cell you want to clear the restricted value, then click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Data Validation dialog box, please click the Clear All button under the Settings tab, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you have cleared the restricted value of the selected cell.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?