How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
Have you ever encountered a prompt box as the left screenshot shown when trying to enter content into a cell? That’s because the cell has been restricted for entering certain value. This article will show you how to clear the restricted values from cells in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Please do as follows to clear restricted values in cells in Excel.
1. Select the cell you want to clear the restricted value, then click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Data Validation dialog box, please click the Clear All button under the Settings tab, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you have cleared the restricted value of the selected cell.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?