How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
Have you ever encountered a prompt box as the left screenshot shown when trying to enter content into a cell? That’s because the cell has been restricted for entering certain value. This article will show you how to clear the restricted values from cells in Excel.
Please do as follows to clear restricted values in cells in Excel.
1. Select the cell you want to clear the restricted value, then click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Data Validation dialog box, please click the Clear All button under the Settings tab, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you have cleared the restricted value of the selected cell.
Here introduce the Clear Data Validation Restrictions utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can batch clear all data validation restrictions from a selection or multiple selected ranges at the same time.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a range or multiple ranges where you will delete all data validation restrictions. Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Clear Data Validation Restrictions.
2. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, click OK to start clearing data validation restrictions.
Then all data vaidation restrictions are removed from the selected range(s).
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!