How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
This article will show you method of clearing contents of a specified named range as well as clearing contents of all named ranges but keeping the range names in an active worksheet in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to clear contents of a specified named range or all named range in the current worksheet.
1. In the worksheet contains the named range you will clear contents from, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Code window.
For clearing contents of a specified named range in the worksheet, please apply the below VBA code.
VBA code 1: Clear contents of a specified named range in Excel
Sub Clear_ActiveSheet_Name_Ranges() Dim xName As Name Dim xInput As String Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next xInput = Application.InputBox("Enter the name of the named range you will clear contents from:", "KuTools For Excel", , , , , , 2) If xInput = "False" Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set xName = ActiveWorkbook.Names(xInput) If Not xName Is Nothing Then xName.RefersToRange.Clear End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up. Please enter the name of the named range you will clear contents from, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all contents in cells of the specified named range are cleared immediately.
For clearing contents of all named ranges in active worksheet, please apply the below VBA code.
VBA code 2: Clear contents of all named ranges in active sheet in Excel
Sub Clear_All_ActiveSheet_Name_Ranges() Dim xRange As Range Dim xName As Name Dim xReSponse As Long On Error Resume Next xReSponse = MsgBox("For clearing contents of all named ranges of active sheet in " & ActiveWorkbook.Name _ & Chr(10) & "('OK' to Delete, 'Cancel' to Quit.)", vbOKCancel, "KuTools For Excel") If xReSponse = 2 Then MsgBox "User chose to cancel.", vbOKOnly, "KuTools For Excel" Exit Sub End If For Each xName In ActiveWorkbook.Names Set xRange = Nothing Set xRange = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, xName.RefersToRange) If Not xRange Is Nothing Then xRange.Clear Next xName Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then click the OK button in the Kutools for Excel dialog box as below screenshot shown.
Then the contents of all named ranges are cleared from active sheet.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
- How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?