How to get the next sheet name in Excel workbook?
Normally, we can use a formula to get the current sheet name as quickly as we can, but, have you ever tried to get and extract the next sheet name from an Excel workbook?
To get and display the next sheet name of current workbook, you can apply the following User Defined Function to deal with it, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Get the next sheet name of the current workbook:
Function NxtShtNm() As String Application.Volatile NxtShtNm = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index + 1).Name End Function
3. After inserting the code, and then save and close the code window, now, back to the worksheet where you want to get the next sheet name, in the blank cell, enter this formula: =NxtShtNm(), and press Enter key to get the next sheet name as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!