How to check if a cell contains picture in Excel?
It is easy to find and select all pictures in an active worksheet in Excel. But do you know how to check if a cell contains a picture in Excel? A method in this article can help you.
The below VBA code can help you check if a cell contains a picture. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you need to check if picture existing in a specified cell, then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Check if a cell contains picture in Excel
Dim xRg As Range
Dim xShape As Shape
Dim xFlag As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please enter the cell address:", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8)
If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
xFlag = False
For Each xShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If xShape.TopLeftCell.Address = xRg.Address Then
xFlag = True
If xFlag Then
MsgBox "Image exists!"
MsgBox "Image does not exist"
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the cell which you want to check if it contains a picture, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Then a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown if a picture exists or not in the specified cell.
- How to automatically change all pictures to move and size with cells in Excel?
- How to center a picture in an Excel cell?
- How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?
- How to enlarge image when click on it in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!