How to check if a cell contains picture in Excel?
It is easy to find and select all pictures in an active worksheet in Excel. But do you know how to check if a cell contains a picture in Excel? A method in this article can help you.
The below VBA code can help you check if a cell contains a picture. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you need to check if picture existing in a specified cell, then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Check if a cell contains picture in Excel
Sub CellHasPicture() Dim xRg As Range Dim xShape As Shape Dim xFlag As Boolean On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please enter the cell address:", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xFlag = False For Each xShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes If xShape.TopLeftCell.Address = xRg.Address Then xFlag = True End If Next If xFlag Then MsgBox "Image exists!" Else MsgBox "Image does not exist" End If End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the cell which you want to check if it contains a picture, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Then a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown if a picture exists or not in the specified cell.
- How to automatically change all pictures to move and size with cells in Excel?
- How to center a picture in an Excel cell?
- How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?
- How to enlarge image when click on it in Excel?