How to check if a cell contains picture in Excel?
It is easy to find and select all pictures in an active worksheet in Excel. But do you know how to check if a cell contains a picture in Excel? A method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below VBA code can help you check if a cell contains a picture. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet you need to check if picture existing in a specified cell, then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Check if a cell contains picture in Excel
Sub CellHasPicture() Dim xRg As Range Dim xShape As Shape Dim xFlag As Boolean On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please enter the cell address:", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xFlag = False For Each xShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes If xShape.TopLeftCell.Address = xRg.Address Then xFlag = True End If Next If xFlag Then MsgBox "Image exists!" Else MsgBox "Image does not exist" End If End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the cell which you want to check if it contains a picture, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Then a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown if a picture exists or not in the specified cell.
- How to automatically change all pictures to move and size with cells in Excel?
- How to center a picture in an Excel cell?
- How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?
- How to enlarge image when click on it in Excel?