How to highlight the active sheet tab in Excel?
In an opening workbook, the active sheet tab distinguishes from others by whitening the tab and bolding the text by default. If you want to make the active worksheet tab more outstanding in your workbook, a method in this article can help you.
Please do as follows to highlight the active sheet tab in an opening Excel workbook.
1. In the workbook, you want to highlight the active sheet tab, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please double-click the ThisWorkbook in the left pane, and then copy and paste VBA code into the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Highlight the active worksheet tab in an opening workbook
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Dim xSheet As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xSheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If xSheet.Name = ActiveSheet.Name Then xSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 6 Else xSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 2 End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now, when you activate a sheet, the sheet tab is highlighted in yellow automatically as below screenshot shown:
- How to reference tab name in cell in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to match the cell value with sheet tab name or vice versa in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Easy to Uninstall Completely | Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
(Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!