How to add minor gridlines in an Excel chart?
In general, the horizontal gridlines will be added in a column/bar/line chart automatically. However, sometimes you may want to narrow the gridlines as below screenshot shown, how could you solve it? Actually, you can add minor gridlines in a column/bar/line chart in Excel.
For example, you have created a line chart with major horizontal gridlines as below screenshot shown. Now you can follow below steps to change it to minor horizontal gridlines in the line chart.
1. Click the chart to activate the Chart Tools, and click Design > Add Chart Element > Gridlines > Primary Major Horizontal to remove the original gridlines. See screenshot:
2. Go on to click Design > Add Chart Element > Gridlines > Primary Minor Horizontal. See screenshot:
Note: If you are using Excel 2010, you can click Layout > Gridlines > Primary Horizontal Gridlines > Minor Gridlines directly under Chart Tools.
Now the minor horizontal gridlines are added in the line chart. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!