How to rename a data series in an Excel chart?
In general, the data series will be named automatically when you creating a chart in Excel. In some cases, you may need to rename the data series as below screenshot shown, how could you handle it? This article will show you the solution in detail.
To rename a data series in an Excel chart, please do as follows:
1. Right click the chart whose data series you will rename, and click Select Data from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the Select Data Source dialog box comes out. Please click to highlight the specified data series you will rename, and then click the Edit button. See screenshot:
3. In the Edit Series dialog box, please clear original series name, type the new series name in the Series name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to link the series name to a cell, please clear original series name and select the specified cell, and then click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Select Data Series dialog box, please click the OK button to save the change.
At present, you can see the specified data series has been renamed. See screenshot:
You can repeat the above steps to rename other data series as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!