In general, the data series will be named automatically when you creating a chart in Excel. In some cases, you may need to rename the data series as below screenshot shown, how could you handle it? This article will show you the solution in detail.
To rename a data series in an Excel chart, please do as follows:
1. Right click the chart whose data series you will rename, and click Select Data from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the Select Data Source dialog box comes out. Please click to highlight the specified data series you will rename, and then click the Edit button. See screenshot:
3. In the Edit Series dialog box, please clear original series name, type the new series name in the Series name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to link the series name to a cell, please clear original series name and select the specified cell, and then click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Select Data Series dialog box, please click the OK button to save the change.
At present, you can see the specified data series has been renamed. See screenshot:
You can repeat the above steps to rename other data series as you need.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!