How to rename a data series in an Excel chart?
In general, the data series will be named automatically when you creating a chart in Excel. In some cases, you may need to rename the data series as below screenshot shown, how could you handle it? This article will show you the solution in detail.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To rename a data series in an Excel chart, please do as follows:
1. Right click the chart whose data series you will rename, and click Select Data from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the Select Data Source dialog box comes out. Please click to highlight the specified data series you will rename, and then click the Edit button. See screenshot:
3. In the Edit Series dialog box, please clear original series name, type the new series name in the Series name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to link the series name to a cell, please clear original series name and select the specified cell, and then click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Select Data Series dialog box, please click the OK button to save the change.
At present, you can see the specified data series has been renamed. See screenshot:
You can repeat the above steps to rename other data series as you need.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoSearching for a long time, finally found this solution. THANK YOU!