How to create progress bar chart in Excel?
In Excel, progress bar chart can help you to monitor progress towards a target as following screenshot shown. But, how could you create a progress bar chart in Excel worksheet?
Normally, you can insert a clustered bar chart and then format it as a progress bar chart, please do as this:
1. Select the data that you want to create the progress bar chart based on, and then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > Clustered Bar under the 2-D Bar section as following screenshot shown:
2. Then a clustered chart has been inserted, then click the target data series bar, and then right click to choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Format Data Series pane, click Fill & Line icon button, then select No fill under the Fill section, and then select Solid line and choose one color for the border of the bar in the Border section, see screenshot:
4. Then close the Format Data Series pane, and then click to select the whole chart, and click Design > Add Chart Element > Data Labels > Inside Base, all data labels have been inserted into the chart as following screenshot shown:
5. And then you should delete other data labels and only keep the current data labels as following screenshot shown:
6. Then, go on right clicking the target data series, and choose Format Data Series, in the Format Data Series pane, click Series Options icon button, and change Series Overlap to 100%, see screenshot:
7. And then select the horizontal value axis, and right click to choose Format Axis option, see screenshot:
8. In the Format Axis pane, under the Axis Options tab, enter the max value of your target data into the Maximum text box, and the progress bar chart will be created completely, see screenshot:
Save the created chart and reuse it anytime in Excel file:
Supposing, you spend much time to create a complex chart in Excel worksheet, you can save this chart into the Auto Text pane of Kutools for Excel. After saving this chart, you can insert it into anywhere of the workbook next time.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
In Excel, you can also create a progress bar chart by using Conditional Formatting, please do as follows:
1. Select the value cells where you want to insert the progress bar chart, and then click Home > Conditional Formatting > Data Bars > More Rules, see screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please do the following operations:
(1.) In Type section, choose Number in Minimum and Maximum drop down list;
(2.) Set the min and max values in Minimum and Maximum box based on your data;
(3.) Finally, choose Solid Fill option under the Fill drop down, and then select a color as you need.
3. Then click OK button, progress bars have been inserted into the cells, see screenshot: