How to find exact word in a string in Excel?
Supposing you have a text string list with single word or space-separated words in cells, and now you want to find an exact word within the strings in Excel, is there any method to achieve it? As below screenshot, you want to find the exact word “low” in the strings, and “below” or other words containing “low” ≠ ”low” in the text string. The method in this article will help you to solve the problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply the below formula to find exact word within text string in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, copy formula =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" low ", " "&A2&" ")) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Select the first result, then drag the Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
Note: If the exact word existing in the text string, you will get the TRUE result. Otherwise, you will get the FALSE result.
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
- How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
- How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?