How to find exact word in a string in Excel?
Supposing you have a text string list with single word or space-separated words in cells, and now you want to find an exact word within the strings in Excel, is there any method to achieve it? As below screenshot, you want to find the exact word “low” in the strings, and “below” or other words containing “low” ≠ ”low” in the text string. The method in this article will help you to solve the problem.
You can apply the below formula to find exact word within text string in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, copy formula =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" low ", " "&A2&" ")) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Select the first result, then drag the Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
Note: If the exact word existing in the text string, you will get the TRUE result. Otherwise, you will get the FALSE result.
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
- How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
- How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!