How to prevent or stop converting text string to number in Excel?
If you type the string include numbers and character“E”, in some times, it will automatically convert the text string to scientific number as below screenshot shown. How can you prevent the text string converting to number in Excel?
To stop converting text string to number, you just need to format the cells as text formatting before you typing the string.
1. Select the cells you want to enter the text strings, and right click to display the context menu, then select Format Cells.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, select Text in Category pane under Number tab.
3. Click OK. Now, the text string never been converted to number any more.
Tip: If you want to convert texts to numbers or vice versa, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Convert between Text and Number utility to toggle strings between numbers and texts. Please click here to have 60-days free trial.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!