i am working in shop where prices are mentioned in code
ioxzz = prices 34800
a = 1
e = 2
i = 3
o = 4
u = 5
v = 6
w = 7
x = 8
y = 9
z = 0
plz send me formula i change these code price into value if any one now
When you import data from some source, such as Access or text files, numbers may be formatted as text in cells occasionally. Calculations and sorting will go wrong if numbers are formatted or stored as text. Here are several methods to convert text to numbers in Microsoft Excel.
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Generally speaking, when the numbers are formatted or stored in cells as text, there will be an error sign at upper-left corner of the cell. After selecting the cell, it displays an error button before this cell. Click the error button , and it will display a menu, you can click on Convert to Numbercommand item to convert the text in the cell into number. See screenshot:
Then the number stored as text has been converted to number. And then repeat this way for other cells.
If there are no error signs at upper-left corner of the cells, you can also use the Error Checking command under Formula tab to deal with it. Please do as this:
1. Click Formulas > Error Checking, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Error Checking dialog box, click Convert to Number button. And repeatedly click this button to convert other text to numbers.
3. When the last cell text has been changed to number, it will pop up a prompt box to remind you all of the text has been converted to numbers.
But when there are large blocks of data that need to change, this method will be tedious and time-consuming.
The second method is to convert numbers stored as text by calculating with Paste Special command in Microsoft Excel.
1. Please enter number 0 in a blank cell and copy it;
2. Select the range cells containing numbers stored as text;
3. Right click the selected range, and choose the Paste Special option from context menu;
4. Then it shows Paste Special dialog box, and check the All option and Add option;
5. Click OK, and all the numbers stored as text will be converted to number. See screenshots:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel on your computer, its Force Values in Cells tool will help you convert all numbers stored as text into numbers without losing original formats and styles.
1. Click Kutools > More > Force Values in Cells…. See screenshot:
2. Then it displays the Force Value in cells dialog box. Just specify the range that contains numbers stored as text, and check the Text to number option.
3. And then click OK or Apply, all numbers stored as text will be converted into numbers in the selected range.