How to convert hyperlink to plain text in Excel?
Supposing you have multiple clickable hyperlinks in a worksheet, and now you want to convert these hyperlinks to plain text, do you have any good tricks to solve this job? Now this tutorial introduces some tricks to quickly handle the job in Excel.
In Excel, you can use the right click menu to convert clickable hyperlinks to plaint texts.
Select the hyperlinks you want to convert, and right click to show the context menu, then select Remove Hyperlinks option from it. See screenshot:
Now the selected hyperlinks have been converted to plain texts.
Note: In Excel 2007, you can only remove one hyperlink at a time. For removing multiple hyperlinks, you need to repeat this method for many times.
If you like to use VBA code to solve task, you can do as below steps:
1. Press F11 + Alt keys simultaneously to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module to show a new Module widow, and then paste below VBA code to the Module window.
VBA: Convert hyperlinks to plain texts.
Sub DeleteHyperlink() Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub
3. Press F5 key or click Run button to execute this VBA, then all the hyperlink in the whole worksheet have been converted to plain texts.
Note: With this VBA, all the hyperlinks in the current worksheet will be converted to plaint texts.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use its Remove Hyperlinks Without Losing Formatting utility to convert hyperlinks from a selection, the active sheet, the selected sheets or the whole workbook.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Link > Remove Hyperlinks Without Losing Formatting, then select the option as you need. See screenshots:
You maybe interested in this utility:
|Kutools for Excel's Convert Hyperlinks can quickly replace hyperlink addresses with cell contents or vice versa.|
- How to remove certain/specific character from cell in Excel?
- How to remove line shapes in Excel?
- How to find and break external links in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!