How to always start the same worksheet when opening a workbook?
As you know, Excel can remember the last opening worksheet before closing a workbook. And when you open the workbook again, it will open the last opening worksheet automatically. However, in some cases, you may want to start a default worksheet when opening a workbook. Now, this article introduces a VBA to always start the same worksheet when opening the specified workbook.
You can apply an easy VBA to always start the same worksheet when opening a certain workbook in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys together to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Double click ThisWorkbook in the Project Explorer Pane to open the script window, and paste below VBA code into the window.
VBA: Always start the same worksheet when opening a workbook
Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim xOWSName As String Dim xWS As Worksheet xOWSName = "Default_Sheet" Set xWS = Worksheets(xOWSName) xWS.Activate End Sub
Note: In above code, change Default_Sheet to the specified worksheet name that you want to always start with.
3. Save the workbook as an Excel Macro-Enable workbook.
From now on, no matter which worksheet opens before you close the workbook, the specified worksheet will display automatically when you open this workbook again.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!