How to find and change default save location of Excel templates?
If you want to export all of personal Excel templates to a new computer, how to find out the Excel templates quickly? If the default saving location is too hard to find out quickly, how to change the default save location? In this article, I will show you detailed ways to find out the default save location of Excel templates, as well as change the default save location of Excel templates.
- Find out the default save location of Excel templates
- Change the default save location of Excel 2013’s templates
- Change the default save location of Excel 2007/2010’s templates
To find out default save location of your personal Excel templates, just copy and paste the following path into the Address box of a folder window:
Excel 2013’s personal templates: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Custom Office Templates
Excel 2007/2010’ templates: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
For the default Excel template which is applied automatically when creating a new workbook, its default save location is as following:
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
Some users may think it’s too difficult to remember the default save location of personal Excel templates. Actually, Excel 2013 supports users to change the default save location of Excel templates as following steps:
1. Click the File > Options.
2. In the opening Excel Options dialog box, click the Save in the left bar, and enter or paste your custom save location into the Default personal templates location box.
3. Click the OK button.
Then the default personal Excel templates’ save location is changed to your custom location.
To change the default save location of Excel 2007/2010’s personal templates, you can do as following:
1. Open Microsoft Word Options dialog box:
- In Word 2010, click the File > Options;
- In Word 2007, click the Office Button > Word Options.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, click the Advanced in the left bar, and then click the File Locations button in the General section.
3. In the coming File Locations dialog box, click to select the User templates in the File types box, and click the Modify button.
4. Now you get into the Modify Location dialog box, find out and select a folder, and then click the OK Button.
5. Click two OK buttons to close the File Locations dialog box and Word Options dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!