How to divide a range of cells by a number in Excel?
Sometimes, we may need to modify a range of cells in Excel quickly. For example, I have a range of cells which containing the prices of a group of products, and I want to divide all the prices by 2, and now here comes the question, how can I quickly divide a range of cells by a number?
For example, I will divide all the cells by a number 15, using Paste Special function of Excel, you can accomplish this task with the following steps:
1. Insert the divisor number such as 15 into an empty cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you want to divide all numbers by 15 and right-click, choose Paste Special from the menu.
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All option in the Paste section, select the Divide option in the Operation section, and finally click the OK button.
4. Delete the number 15 you have entered before.
Now the range of cells has been divided by 15 in bulk. See screenshot:
Quickly divide all cells in a range by a certain number in bulk in Excel
Click Kutools > More > Operation. The Kutools for Excel's Operation Tools can help you quickly divide all cells in a specified range by a certain number in Excel.
Download the full feature 30-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now!
With the VBA code, you can also divide a range cells by a number automatically.
1. Select the range you want it to be divided by a number.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will display, click Insert > Module, and then input the following code in the Module:
VBA: Divide a range of cells by a number.
Sub DivisionNum() 'Updateby20140128 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xNum As Integer On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xNum = Application.InputBox("Division num", xTitleId, Type:=1) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = Rng.Value / xNum Next End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. In a popping up dialog box, please select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. In the second popping up dialog box, enter the divisor number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all numbers in selected range are divided by number 15.
Perhaps the VBA code is somewhat difficult for you, is there an easy and quick method to deal with this work?
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number. and then click Kutools > More > Operation, see screenshot:
3. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Division in the Operation box, input the divisor number such as 15 in the Operand box. And you can see the results from the Preview Pane. And finally click the OK or Apply button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, please check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to divide the calculated results of the formula, please check Skip formula cells option.
- Change values in a cell range
- Add values to multiple cells
- Do exponential calculation to a range of cells
- Multiply a range cells by a number
- Round a range of cells
- Subtract a number from a range of cells in excel