How to divide a range of cells by a number in Excel?
Sometimes, we may need to modify a range of cells in Excel quickly. For example, I have a range of cells which containing the prices of a group of products, and I want to divide all the prices by 2, and now here comes the question, how can I quickly divide a range of cells by a number?
|Quickly divide all cells in a range by a certain number in bulk in Excel|
Click Kutools > More > Operation. The Kutools for Excel's Operation Tools can help you quickly divide all cells in a specified range by a certain number in Excel. See below screenshot:
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
For example, I will divide all the cells by a number 15, using Paste Special function of Excel, you can accomplish this task with the following steps:
1. Insert the divisor number such as 15 into an empty cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you want to divide all numbers by 15 and right-click, choose Paste Special from the menu.
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All option in the Paste section, select the Divide option in the Operation section, and finally click the OK button.
4. Delete the number 15 you have entered before.
Now the range of cells has been divided by 15 in bulk. See screenshot:
With the VBA code, you can also divide a range cells by a number automatically.
1. Select the range you want it to be divided by a number.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will display, click Insert > Module, and then input the following code in the Module:
VBA: Divide a range of cells by a number.
Sub DivisionNum() 'Updateby20140128 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xNum As Integer On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xNum = Application.InputBox("Division num", xTitleId, Type:=1) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = Rng.Value / xNum Next End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. In a popping up dialog box, please select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. In the second popping up dialog box, enter the divisor number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all numbers in selected range are divided by number 15.
Perhaps the VBA code is somewhat difficult for you, is there an easy and quick method to deal with this work?
1. Select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number. and then click Kutools > More > Operation, see screenshot:
3. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Division in the Operation box, input the divisor number such as 15 in the Operand box. And you can see the results from the Preview Pane. And finally click the OK or Apply button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, please check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to divide the calculated results of the formula, please check Skip formula cells option.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
- Change values in a cell range
- Add values to multiple cells
- Do exponential calculation to a range of cells
- Multiply a range cells by a number
- Round a range of cells
- Subtract a number from a range of cells in excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...