How to divide a range of cells by a number in Excel?
Divide a range of cells by a number with Paste Special function
For example, I will divide all the cells by a number 15, using Paste Special function of Excel, you can accomplish this task with the following steps:
1. Insert the divisor number such as 15 into an empty cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you want to divide all numbers by 15 and right-click, choose Paste Special from the menu.
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All option in the Paste section, select the Divide option in the Operation section, and finally click the OK button.
4. Delete the number 15 you have entered before.
Now the range of cells has been divided by 15 in bulk. See screenshot:
Quickly divide a range of cells by a number with Kutools for Excel
Perhaps the Paste Special method is somewhat difficult for you, is there an easy and quick method to deal with this work? Yes, the Operation feature of Kutools for Excel can help you divide a range of cells by a number within seconds!
Note: To apply this Operation feature, firstly, you should download and install Kutools for Excel.
1. Select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number. and then click Kutools > More > Operation, see screenshot:
3. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Division in the Operation box, input the divisor number such as 15 in the Operand box. And you can see the results from the Preview Pane. And finally click the OK or Apply button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, please check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to divide the calculated results of the formula, please check Skip formula cells option.
Divide a range of cells by a number with VBA code
With the VBA code, you can also divide a range cells by a number automatically.
1. Select the range you want it to be divided by a number.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will display, click Insert > Module, and then input the following code in the Module:
VBA: Divide a range of cells by a number
Dim Rng As Range
Dim WorkRng As Range
Dim xNum As Integer
On Error Resume Next
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
xNum = Application.InputBox("Division num", xTitleId, Type:=1)
For Each Rng In WorkRng
Rng.Value = Rng.Value / xNum
3. Then click button to run the code. In a popping up dialog box, please select the range with numbers you want to divide by a certain number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. In the second popping up dialog box, enter the divisor number, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all numbers in selected range are divided by number 15.
Demo: Quickly divide a range of cells by a number with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel
: Over 300 handy tools at your fingertips! Start your 30-day free trial with no feature limitations today. Download Now!
How to change values in a cell range in Excel?
Supposing you need to add or subtract $35 to each product price in Excel, how should you do? We will talk about some methods to quickly change values in a cell range without using a formula.
How to add values to multiple cells in Excel?
If you want to add a value to multiple cells in Excel, the following methods will help you process it easily and quickly:
How to do exponential calculation to a range of cells in Excel?
In Excel, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is the basic calculation, maybe you can quickly and easily apply them. But sometimes, you will need to do exponential calculation to a range of cells, how can you apply exponential calculation in Excel?
How to multiply a range of cells by same number in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of numbers, and now you want to multiply them by a number 8.7, do you have any effective and quick methods to deal with this task?
More tutorial for Excel tutorials...
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.