How to quickly delete all autoshapes in Excel?
If you want to get rid of the autoshapes (also known as "shapes") in Excel, you might be interested in a straightforward approach to swiftly remove all shapes rather than removing them individually. The following methods offer an efficient approach, including a one-click solution, to streamline the process and save you valuable time.
- Delete all autoshapes in the active worksheet with Go To function in Excel
- Delete all autoshapes in the active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all autoshapes in worksheet or workbook with Kutools for Excel
If your worksheet contains only shapes and no other types of objects, you can delete all these shapes with Excel's built-in Go To function.
- Press F5 or Ctrl + G to display the Go To dialog, then click Special.. as shown in the screenshot:
- Check Objects, and then click OK; this will select all objects.
- Then press the Backspace key to remove all selected autoshapes.
Note: Objects encompass various elements, including autoshapes, pictures, clip arts and so on. Applying this method will remove all objects, not just autoshapes, if there are various objects present in the worksheet.
Using VBA macro can help you delete all shapes in the active worksheet quickly.
- Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
- Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro into the Module window.
VBA: delete all shapes in active worksheet
Sub DeleteShapes() Dim Shp As Shape For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes Shp.Delete Next Shp End Sub
- Press the F5 key to run this macro.
After following these steps, you'll notice that all shapes in the active worksheet have been swiftly deleted.
The methods mentioned earlier may delete various types of objects. If your goal is specifically to remove shapes from your worksheet, you can use Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Objects feature, which enables you to delete only shapes in the active worksheet, selected worksheets, or the entire workbook with just one click. This provides a more targeted and efficient solution for removing autoshapes while preserving other objects.
- Once you have Kutools for Excel installed, click Kutools > Delete Illustrations & Objects.
- In the Delete Illustrations & Objects dialog box, please select the Auto shapes option in the Delete section. Then, specify where you want to delete the autoshapes by selecting one of options in the look in section. At last, click OK. See the following screenshot:
- By selecting the Active sheet option, it will delete all autoshapes in the currently active worksheet.
- By selecting the Selected sheets option, you will be presented with a list of worksheets to choose from, allowing you to delete autoshapes in the selected worksheets.
- By selecting the All sheets option, it will delete all autoshapes in the whole workbook.
- Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Objects feature is a powerful tool that simplifies the process of removing various types of objects from your Excel worksheets. It can delete all charts, lines, pictures, autoshapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects, and embedded OLE objects in the active worksheet, selected worksheets, or all worksheets in the current workbook. Learn more about the Delete Illustrations & Objects tool.
- Want to access the Delete Illustrations & Objects utility? Download Kutools for Excel now! Beyond this, Kutools boasts a myriad of 300+ other features and offers a 30-day free trial. Don't wait, give it a try today!
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!