How to quickly delete all autoshapes in Excel?
If you want to get rid of the auto shapes in Excel, you may look for an easy way to delete all shapes quickly rather than removing auto shape one by one. The following tricky method will help you delete all auto shapes with only one click.
- Delete all autoshapes in active worksheet with Go To function in Excel
- Delete all autoshapes in active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all autoshapes in worksheet or workbook with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If there are only one kind of objects—autoshapes in a worksheet, you can delete all autoshapes with Go To function.
1. Click F5 or Ctrl+G to display Go To dialog and click Special.., see screenshot:
2. Check Objects, and then click Ok, it will select all objects, see screenshot:
3. Then click Backspace button to remove all autoshapes.
Note: Objects contain autoshapes, pictures, clip arts and so on. Applying this method will remove other objects besides auto shapes if there are not only autoshapes object in the worksheet.
Using VBA macro can help you delete all auto shapes in active worksheet quickly.
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA: delete all shapes in active worksheet.
Dim Shp As Shape
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Then you will see all shapes in active worksheet are deleted quickly.
1. This VBA macro can only delete all shapes in active worksheet.
2. This VBA macro can delete all kinds of shapes in active worksheet, including pictures, ClipArt, Shapes, SmartArt, charts, Text boxes, etc.
If you only want to remove the auto shapes from the worksheet, Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object can help you delete specific shapes in active worksheet, selected worksheets or the whole workbook with only one click.
Step 1: Click the Kutools > Delete Illustrations & Object.
Step 2: In Delete Tools dialog box, please check Auto shapes option, and check one of option in look in section. See the following screen shot:
- If you check the Active sheet option, it will delete all auto shapes in active worksheet;
- If you check the Selected sheets option, it will delete all auto shapes in selected worksheets;
- If you check the All sheets option, it will delete all auto shapes in the whole workbook.
Step 3: Click OK, it will remove all auto shapes.
Kutools for Excel's Delete Tools can help us delete all charts, lines, pictures, auto shapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects and embedded OLE objects in active worksheet, selected worksheet or all worksheets of the current workbook. Click to know more…
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months ago⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excelent Service! Thanks a lot
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoMan! I love you! It really helped me :) My excel was working like a turtle U SAVE MY ASS BUDDY
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMan! I love you! It really helped me :) My excel was working like a turtle and file size was reduced from 5mb to 125KB !
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSuper quick Ctrl+G thanks
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMERCI MERCI MERCI ! Ca fonctionne très bien et a sauvé mon fichier qui devenait inutilisable. Attention à la traduction, c'est ça qu'il faut mettre sur Visual basic :
Dim Shp As Shape
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIs there a faster way? My sheet has over 30,000 tiny shapes, which appear to have been automatically generated. Iterating through all of them in VBA takes a very long time and trying to select all of them freezes Excel. Is it possible to do something like delete ActiveSheet.Shapes. Or delete the drawings file that hosts them?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoGreat tip about Ctrl + G. Thank you!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agothanks.!very much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoAwesome!
Thank you so much.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIt worked out. Thanks a lot. There were so many auto shapes inserted in the sheet resulted into not responding error.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoGreat advice many thanks