How to quickly delete all text boxes in Excel?
Are there tricks to delete multiple Text Boxes in workbook? It is time-consuming to delete each Text Boxes one by one. Actually, there are several ways can help you quickly delete all text boxes:
- Delete all text boxes in active worksheet with Go To function
- Delete all text boxes in active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all text boxes in active worksheet or workbook with Kutools for Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
1. Click F5 or Ctrl+G to display Go To dialog and click Special.., see screenshot:
2. Check Objects, and then click Ok, it will select all objects, see screenshot:
3. Then click Backspace button to remove all text boxes.
Note: Objects contain text boxes, pictures, autoshapes and so on. Applying this method will remove other objects besides text boxes if there are not only text boxes object in the worksheet.
Using a VBA macro will be a good choice to delete all Text Boxes in active worksheet quickly, if you know the how-to.
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Then you will see all Text Boxes have been removed in active worksheet.
1. This VBA macro can only delete all Text Boxes in active worksheet.
2. This VBA macro will not only delete all Text Boxes, but also delete all kinds of shapes in active worksheet, including pictures, ClipArt, Shapes, SmartArt, charts, etc.
Sometime you may want to delete only the Text Boxes, but remains other shapes, such as charts. Please do not worry about it. Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object. can delete only the Text Boxes in active worksheet, selected worksheets or the whole workbook without affecting other shapes.
Step 1: Click the Kutools > Delete Illustrations & Object.
Step 2: In Delete Tools dialog box, check the Text Boxes option.
Step 3: Check right option in look in section:
- To delete all Text Boxes in active worksheet, check the Active sheet option;
- To delete all Text Boxes in Selected worksheets, check the Selected sheets option;
- To delete all Text Boxes in the whole workbook, check the All sheets option.
Step 4: Click OK.
Then you will see all Text Boxes are clear at once in active worksheet, selected worksheets, or the whole workbook according to the options you checked in Step 3.
Kutools for Excel's Delete Tools can help us delete all charts, lines, pictures, auto shapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects and embedded OLE objects in active worksheet, selected worksheet or all worksheets of the current workbook. Click to know more…
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 days agoawesome!!!! thanks alot!!!! this is soooo cool.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 25 days agoThanks bro
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThanx so much! I got stuck with a copied check boxes from the internet onto spreadsheet and pressing delete button just couldn't get rid of them. In desperate in looked up for the solution and found yours. Worked like magic!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoHello,
I had an excel workbook with 10 tabs and on each tab 1000 textboxes or so...
I renamed the xlsx to zip, then removed the drawings xml files.
renamed back to xlsx, open, then excel will tell you that there is something wrong with the file. Press repair, et voila, all the textboxes are gone.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThank You So much