How to quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to format or delete some non-adjacent cells or ranges, and work will be easier if you can select these non-adjacent cells or ranges together firstly. And this article is going to brings you some tricky ways to select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly.
You may have noticed Microsoft Excel does not support copy multiple inconsecutive cells (staying in different columns) at the same time. But copying these cells/selections one by one waste of much time and is tedious! Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges utility can help get it done easily as below screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
1. With Ctrl key
Just press and hold down the Ctrl key, and you can select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges with mouse clicking or dragging in active worksheet.
2. With Shift + F8 keys
This does not require holding down keys during selection. Press the Shift + F8 keys firstly, and then you can easily select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in active worksheet.
The Microsoft Excel's Go to command can help you select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly with following steps:
1. Click the Home > Find & Select > Go to (or press the F5 key).
2. In the Go To dialog box, enter the cell/range positions in the Reference box, and click lick the OK button.
And then all corresponding cells or ranges will be selected in the workbook. See screenshot:
Note: This method requires user to figure out the cells or ranges position before selecting them.
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Select Range Helper tool can help you select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in the whole workbook easily.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click the Kutools > Select > Select Range Helper….
2. In the Select Range Helper dialog box, check the Union Selection option, next select multiple ranges as you need in the whole workbook, and then click the Close button. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...