How to quickly insert current date with specific date format in Excel？
When we operate a worksheet, we usually need to quickly insert some dates with specific date format in Excel. But it is troublesome for us to insert them manually. Today, I will introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this problem.
We can quickly insert the current date with TODAY function. Please do as follows:
1. Specify a cell that you want to insert the current date.
2. Input the formula =TODAY() into the cell.
3. Press the Enter key. And the date of today has been inserted.
Note: With this function, it continually updates itself every time a worksheet is recalculated.
If we want to insert the date so that it will not change, we can try using the keyboard short cut.
1. Click one cell that you need to insert the current date.
2. Press and hold down the Ctrl key and tap the semicolon key ( ; ) on the keyboard. And then the date of today will be inserted into the cell.
With the above two methods, you can just only insert the current date, if you want to change the format of the date, you should use the cell format to change it. But with Kutools for Excel, you can easily and quickly insert the current date or the date with specific date format.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select a cell that you want to insert the date.
2. Click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Date, see screenshot:
3. In the Insert Date dialog, select current date and double click it and it will be inserted into your specific cell. See screenshot:
If you need to insert current date with a specific format, please check Using format option, and it will expand a list box with multiple date format. Choose one date format you like, and double click the current date form the left calendar, and the date of today with a formatting has been inserted. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!