How to quickly insert current date with specific date format in Excel？
When we operate a worksheet, we usually need to quickly insert some dates with specific date format in Excel. But it is troublesome for us to insert them manually. Today, I will introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
We can quickly insert the current date with TODAY function. Please do as follows:
1. Specify a cell that you want to insert the current date.
2. Input the formula =TODAY() into the cell.
3. Press the Enter key. And the date of today has been inserted.
Note: With this function, it continually updates itself every time a worksheet is recalculated.
If we want to insert the date so that it will not change, we can try using the keyboard short cut.
1. Click one cell that you need to insert the current date.
2. Press and hold down the Ctrl key and tap the semicolon key ( ; ) on the keyboard. And then the date of today will be inserted into the cell.
With the above two methods, you can just only insert the current date, if you want to change the format of the date, you should use the cell format to change it. But with Kutools for Excel, you can easily and quickly insert the current date or the date with specific date format.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select a cell that you want to insert the date.
2. Click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Date, see screenshot:
3. In the Insert Date dialog, select current date and double click it and it will be inserted into your specific cell. See screenshot:
If you need to insert current date with a specific format, please check Using format option, and it will expand a list box with multiple date format. Choose one date format you like, and double click the current date form the left calendar, and the date of today with a formatting has been inserted. See screenshot: