How to filter or select unique records from selected range in Excel?
Sometimes duplicated records occur in a column for some reasons. If only unique records are in the column, it may be easy to analysis, calculate, and more. Here we will introduce two easy ways to filter or select the unique records from selected column easily.
Easily count and select unique/duplicate values between two columns in Excel
Kutools for Excel’s Compare Ranges utility can help you quickly compare two columns, and then select or highlight the same/different cells between two columns, or select/highlight the entire rows based on the same/different cells between two columns. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Office Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...
Supposing you have a table as following screenshot shown, and you need to filter the unique records from the range:
Filer unique records from selected range with Advanced Filter command
Microsoft Excel's Advanced Filter command supports to filter the unique records from original selected column, or copy them to other place.
1. Click Data > Advanced to open the Advanced Filter dialog box.
2. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select the Filter the list, in-place option, specify the list range that you want to filter the unique records in the List range box, and check the Unique records only option. See screenshot:
3. And then click the OK button. Now only the unique records have been filtered out, and the duplicate records are hidden. See screenshot above:
If you want to copy the unique records to other place, you can check the Copy to other location option, and specify the Copy to range.
Filter or select unique records from selected range with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can also apply its Select Duplicate & Unique Cells tool to select unique records form selected range quickly.
1. Select the column where you will select the unique records from, and click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the Duplicate (Except 1st one) option or the All duplicates (Including 1st one) option as you need, check the Select entire rows option, and click the Ok button, see screenshot above:
Note: For selecting unique cells, please check the Unique values only option or All uniques (Including 1st duplicates) options, and skip below step 3.
3. And now all rows with duplicate values have been selected. Right click selected rows and select the Hide from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
And now only unique values have been filtered out as below screenshots shown:
Easily delete duplicate rows based on a column and sum/average/count other columns based on this column
Kutools for Excel’s Advanced Combine Rows utility can help Excel users to batch count the occurrences of each items in a column (the Fruited Column in our case), and then delete the duplicate rows based on this column (the Fruit Column) easily as below screenshot shown. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Demo: filter or select unique records from selected range in Excel
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now!
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.