How to filter or select unique records from selected range in Excel?
Sometimes duplicated records occur in a column for some reasons. If only unique records are in the column, it may be easy to analysis, calculate, and more. Here we will introduce two easy ways to filter or select the unique records from selected column easily.
Supposing you have a table as following screenshot shown, and you need to filter the unique records from the range:
Microsoft Excel's Advanced Filter command supports to filter the unique records from original selected column, or copy them to other place.
1. Click Data > Advanced to open the Advanced Filter dialog box.
2. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select the Filter the list, in-place option, specify the list range that you want to filter the unique records in the List range box, and check the Unique records only option. See screenshot:
3. And then click the OK button. Now only the unique records have been filtered out, and the duplicate records are hidden. See screenshot above:
If you want to copy the unique records to other place, you can check the Copy to other location option, and specify the Copy to range.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can also apply its Select Duplicate & Unique Cells tool to select unique records form selected range quickly.
1. Select the column where you will select the unique records from, and click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the Duplicate (Except 1st one) option or the All duplicates (Including 1st one) option as you need, check the Select entire rows option, and click the Ok button, see screenshot above:
Note: For selecting unique cells, please check the Unique values only option or All uniques (Including 1st duplicates) options, and skip below step 3.
3. And now all rows with duplicate values have been selected. Right click selected rows and select the Hide from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
And now only unique values have been filtered out as below screenshots shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!