How to filter dates by month with ignoring year in Excel?
Let's say you record expenses daily basis, and now you want to filter dates based on month with ignoring years. How can you filter data according to months with ignoring years in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
By default, Microsoft Excel will filter dates by years. And in the drop down list of Filter arrow , you can only choose the years to filter. Actually, the Date Filers supports numerous styles for filtering date, including filter dates by month with ignoring years.
The Expenses table is shown as following screenshot. And you can filter it by month ignoring year with following Steps:
1. Select the Data column that you will filter by month later. In this case, select the Column B.
2. Click the Filter button under Data tab.
3. Click the Filter arrow besides the header of Column B. Then click Data Filters > All Dates in the Period, and then choose one month that you want to filter out. See screenshot:
4. And then it filters all expenses occurred in May, no matter it is in the year of 2011 or 2004, or others. See the following screenshot:
With this Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter feature, you can also filter dates based on a specific month, please do as following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Super Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the displayed Super Filter dialog ,please specify the following settings:
- (1.) Click button to select the data range that you want to filter.
- (2.) Choose the Relationship as you need if you have multiple criteria need to be applied.
- (3.) Then in the Group condition box, click the black line beside the And relationship, and choose the criteria one by one as you need.
3. And then click Filter button, all the data which date is your desired month are filtered out immediately. See screenshot:
1. If you need to cancel this filter and recover the original data, you just need to click Clear button.
2. With this Super Filter function, you can also filter data with multiple criteria as you need.
If you want to know more about this feature, please click Super Filter.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoplease reply for this
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIf the scenario is this 10-03-1975,
and want to pul out which has only Year, what i have to do can u please help out in this.