How to filter dates by month with ignoring year in Excel?
Let's say you record expenses daily basis, and now you want to filter dates based on month with ignoring years. How can you filter data according to months with ignoring years in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
By default, Microsoft Excel will filter dates by years. And in the drop down list of Filter arrow , you can only choose the years to filter. Actually, the Date Filers supports numerous styles for filtering date, including filter dates by month with ignoring years.
The Expenses table is shown as following screenshot. And you can filter it by month ignoring year with following Steps:
1. Select the Data column that you will filter by month later. In this case, select the Column B.
2. Click the Filter button under Data tab.
3. Click the Filter arrow besides the header of Column B. Then click Data Filters > All Dates in the Period, and then choose one month that you want to filter out. See screenshot:
4. And then it filters all expenses occurred in May, no matter it is in the year of 2011 or 2004, or others. See the following screenshot:
With this Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter feature, you can also filter dates based on a specific month, please do as following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Super Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the displayed Super Filter dialog ,please specify the following settings:
- (1.) Click button to select the data range that you want to filter.
- (2.) Choose the Relationship as you need if you have multiple criteria need to be applied.
- (3.) Then in the Group condition box, click the black line beside the And relationship, and choose the criteria one by one as you need.
3. And then click Filter button, all the data which date is your desired month are filtered out immediately. See screenshot:
1. If you need to cancel this filter and recover the original data, you just need to click Clear button.
2. With this Super Filter function, you can also filter data with multiple criteria as you need.
If you want to know more about this feature, please click Super Filter.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...