How to change subjects’ font size in mail list of Outlook?
Normally the font size and font styles are preset in Microsoft Outlook. However, some users may think the subjects’ font is too small to view clearly in the mail list, and requires to enlarge the subjects’ font. In this article, I will introduce a way to change the subjects’ font size in the mail list in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change the subjects’ font size in the mail list of a specified mail folder, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and open the mail folder that you will change its subjects’ font size in mail list.
Step 2: Show the mail folder in the Compact view:
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Change View > Compact on the View tab.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Messages.
Step 3: Change the view settings of current mail folder:
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab;
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize current view.
Step 4: In the popping up Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog box, please click the Other Settings button.
Step 5: Now you get into the Other Settings dialog box, and click the Row Font button in the Column Headings and Rows section.
Step 6: In the popping up Fond dialog box, specify or enter the font size in the Size box, and click the OK button.
In this Font dialog box, you are also able to change the subjects’ font face and font styles. For example, you can change the subjects’ font to the Calibri, and formatted as Bold and Italic.
Step 7: Click the other OK buttons to exit all dialog boxes.
Then you will see the subjects’ font size have been changed at once in the mail list of Compact view.
Note: You can easily restore the font size of subjects in the mail list to the initial size with clicking the Reset View on the View tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013. But this Rest View will also clear all customized view settings in this mail folder too.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you! It is very helpful.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI am using outlook 2007 in window 7, my outlook font size 11 is default but when i write a mail it show very too small size of signature and font.
i has cross checked my outlook setting with other system, my outlook setting is correct.
issue is only one when i write, it is show very small font,
shall i formet the system yes or not.
can you suggest me what is the problem in my outlook and how to correct,