How to show missing subject column in Outlook?
When you are viewing emails in the Compact view in Microsoft Outlook, it will show the subjects in the mail list automatically. However, the subjects disappear in some cases. See screen shot below. Here we will guide you step by step to add and show missing subject column in the mail list in Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To restore and show the subject column in the mail list in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and open the mail folder in which the subject column is missing.
Step 2: Make sure the mail folder shows in the Compact view. If not:
- Click the Change View > Compact on the View tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013;
- Click the View > Current View > Messages in Outlook 2007.
Step 3: Click the View Settings button on the View tab. See screen shot:
Note: If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
Step 4: In the popping up dialog box, please click the Columns button (or Fields button).
Step 5: Then the Show Columns dialog box comes out, and:
- Click the Select available columns from box, and select the All Mail fields from the drop down list;
- Click to highlight the Subject in the Available columns box;
- Click the Add button.
- In the Show these columns in this order box , Move the Subject item up to the Size item with clicking to highlight the Subject item, and then clicking the Move Up button repeatedly.
- Click the OK button.
Step 6: Then click the OK button to exit the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
Note: Apart from adding the subject columns with view settings, you can easily click the Reset View button on the View tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013 to restore the initial folder view, so that you can get the Subject column. Click to know more about restoring view.
Please note that this Reset View method will clear all special view settings you specified for this folder too.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.