How to sort reminders by due date in Outlook?
As you see, the reminders are sorted by Due in in the Reminder window in Outlook. See screen shot below. However, some Outlook users may need to sort reminders by due/start date, so that they can select reminders properly. In this article, I will introduce a tricky way to sort reminders by due/start date in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
It’s impossible to sort reminders by due/start date in the Reminder Window, however, you can sort all reminders by due date or start date in a certain Calendar folder in Microsoft Outlook. And you can do it as following steps:
Step 1: Open the Calendar folder where you will sort reminders by date, and then change its view with clicking the Change View > List on the View tab.
Note: In Outlook 2007, you can change the view with clicking the View > Current View > All Appointments.
Step 2: Click the View Settings button on the View tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013, and click the View > Current View > Customize Current View in Outlook 2007.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, click the Filter button.
Step 4: Now in the Filter dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and:
(1) Click the Field > All Appointment fields > Reminder;
(2) Click the Conditior box or Condition box, and then select the equals from the drop down list;
(3) Click the Value box, and then select the Yes from the drop down list;
(4) Click the Add to List button.
Step 5: Click both OK buttons to close two dialog boxes.
Step 6: Now you get back to the Calendar folder, just click the Column header of End to sort all reminders by due date.
If you need to sort all reminders by start date, please click the Column header of Start.
The custom view of opening calendar folder can be saved easily. Click to know more: How to save and copy view settings to other folders in Outlook?
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.