How to filter/show only contact groups in Outlook?
Even we can easily find out all contact groups with sorting contacts by icon, some users may think of customize the contact folder’s view setting, and let only contact groups showing. In this article, I will introduce the way to filter or show only contact groups in a certain contact folder in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To filter or show only contact groups in a certain contact folder in Outlook, you can do as following steps:
Step 1: Shift to the People (or Contacts) view, and open the contact folder where you will search for contact group.
Step 2: Click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Note: In Outlook 2007, you need to click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
Step 3: In the coming Advanced View Settings/Customize View dialog box, click the Filter button.
Step 4: Now the Filter dialog box comes out. Go to the Advanced tab, and:
(1) Click the Field > All Contact Fields > Message Class;
(2) Click the Conditior (or Condition) box, and select the contains from the drop down list;
(3) In the Value box, enter IPM.DistList;
(4) Click the Add to List button;
(5) Click the OK button.
Note: Entering IPM.Contact in the Value box will make all contacts showing but hiding all contact groups.
Step 5: Click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
Now you will see all contact groups display in the contact folder, with all contacts hidden.Note: You can save the custom view with How to save and copy view settings to other folders in Outlook?
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoDid exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI take it back. I tried again and it worked. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI followed all the steps and this did not work for me. After following the steps, the folder showed none of my contact groups and none of my contacts.