How to find and filter emails I have not answered in Outlook?
Let’s say you want to hide all replied emails and forwarded emails, and leave unanswered ones only in an Outlook folder, any good idea? This article will introduce a custom form to help you filter all unanswered emails in Outlook.
Find and filter emails I have not answered in Outlook
1. Create a new notepad, paste below code into the notepad.
Comment=Allows exposing last verb executed and last verb execution time in Outlook
DisplayName=Last Verb Exec Time
DisplayName=Last Verb Exec Type
2. Click File > Save.And in the opening Save As dialog box, select a destination folder to save the file, type LastVerb.cfg into the File name box, click the Save button, and then close the Notepad window.
3. Double click the new text file to rename the new text file, and then remove the .txt from the name. Now the Rename dialog box will pop out and warn you, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
Note: This step requires to show file name extension before modifying. If the file name extensions are hidden, please show them with one of below methods:
A. In Windows 8, check the File name extensions option on the View tab in the folder; B: In Windows 7, click Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced Settings > Uncheck the Hide extensions for known file types.
4. Now open the folder of Office custom forms in Windows, and copy the new CFG file into the folder.
(1) The folder addresses are different based on your Microsoft Office versions:
For Office 2016 365, you can open the folder with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\FORMS\1033 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\FORMS\1033;
For Office 2016 other versions, please use C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\FORMS\1033 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\FORMS\1033;
If you are using Office 2013/2010, please replace the Office16 to Office15 (for Office 2013) or Office14 (for Office 2010) in above paths.
(2) A Destination Folder Access Denied dialog box will pop out and ask for permission. Please click the Continue button to go ahead.
5. Now shift to Microsoft Outlook, and installed the custom form with below steps:
(1) Click File > Options > Advanced;
(2) Now click the Custom Forms button firstly, next click the Manage Forms button in the Options dialog box, and then click the Install button in the Forms Manager dialog box. See screenshot:
(3) In the Open dialog box, please select the CFG file you moved in Step 4 and click the Open button, and then click the OK button in the popping Form Properties dialog box. See screenshot:
(4) Click the Close button and OK button successively to close these dialog boxes.
6. Select the mail folder where you will find or filter unanswered emails, and click View > View Settings.
7. In the opening Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Filter button. See screenshot:
8. Now in the Filter dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and click Field > Forms. See screenshot:
9. In the opening Select Enterprise forms for this folder dialog box, please select the custom form in the left box, and then click the Add button and Close button. See screenshot above:
10. Now you get back to the Filter dialog box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Click Filed > LastVerb > Last Verb Exec Time;
(2) Select the does not exist from the Condition drop down list;
(3) Click the Add to List button;
(4) Click the OK button.
11. Click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
Now all replied emails and forwards emails are filtered in the specified folder.
1. Open Outlook and click in the Search box towards top right.
2. Now click ‘Advanced’.
3. In the Search criteria, Select ‘Read Status’ from the drop down menu.
4. Now select ‘Is Not’ in the middle box and then select ‘Replied To'.
5. It will pull up a list of all the unreplied emails.
6. Now click on ‘Save search’ in the Ribbon, type a Name and hit the Enter key.
It will create a Folder in the ‘Smart Folders’ in the left Navigation Pane, the next time if you want to pull up the emails which have been Unreplied, you can click on the Folder that we created under Smart Folders.
I'm working on Office 2016 Pro Plus:
Once I get to Step 5 I run into an issue where I hit the install button and I get an error saying "The form cannot be installed. The file cannot be found. File:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\1033\post.ico"
Though I followed all the steps not sure why it's saying it can't find a different file then what I'm selecting. Any thoughts on how I can get past this point?