How to print emails in landscape/portrait (by default) in Outlook?
By default, emails are printed in Portrait orientation in Outlook. If there is a wide picture in the email, the picture will be cut automatically when printing. In this condition, you may need to print the email in landscape orientation. This article introduces a method to print emails in landscape or portrait orientation by default in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below method to print an email in landscape or portrait orientation in Outlook.
1. Shift to Mail view, open a mail folder, click to highlight the email you will print in the mail list, and click File > Print.
2. And now please specify the proper printer from the Printer drop down list, and click the Print Options button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Print dialog box, please click the Page Setup button.
4. And now the Page Setup dialog box comes out. Please go to the Paper tab, check the Portrait option or Landscape option as you need in the Orientation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Go ahead to click the Print button in the Print dialog box.
Note: Microsoft Outlook will save the print settings and apply to later printings automatically.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Advanced Print feature to print the message body of an email only in landscape or in portrait in Outlook easily.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select the email whose message body you will print in landscape/portrait, and click Kutools > Advanced Print. See screenshot:
4. In the Print dialog box, please specify a printer, and click the Print button.
And now the selected email’ message body is being printed out in landscape or portrait as you specified.Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.