How to add or insert horizontal line in Outlook signature?
Supposing you want to add a horizontal line in signature content in Outlook, how could you get it done easily? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
- Add or insert horizontal line in Outlook signature with copying and pasting
- Add or insert horizontal line in Outlook signature with modifying HTM file of signature
This method will guide you to insert a horizontal line in an email, and then copy it to the specified signature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. In the new Message window, put the cursor in the message body, and click Format Text > Table > Horizontal Line. See screenshot:
3. Select the horizontal line, right click and select Copy from the right-clicking menu.
4. Click Insert > Signature > Signatures.
5. In the opening Signatures and Stationery dialog box, please:
(1) In the Select Signature to edit section, select the specified signature you will add a horizontal line;
(2) In the Edit signature section, put the cursor where you will add a horizontal line, and press the Ctrl + V to paste the horizontal line;
(3) Click the OK button.
6. Close the new email without saving.
If you are familiar with HTML code, you can add a horizontal line into the signature by modifying its HTML file.
1. Open the folder containing Outlook signatures with pasting below folder path into the Address box of a folder and pressing the Enter key.
Folder path of Outlook signatures: %App Data%\Microsoft\Signatures
2. Right click the specified signature’s HTML file, and select Open with > Notepad from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Notepad, go to the place where you will insert a horizontal line, and type the code of <hr />.
4. Save and close the Notepad.
So far a horizontal line has been inserted into the specified Outlook signature already.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.