How to add or insert horizontal line in Outlook signature?
Supposing you want to add a horizontal line in signature content in Outlook, how could you get it done easily? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to insert a horizontal line in an email, and then copy it to the specified signature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. In the new Message window, put the cursor in the message body, and click Format Text > Table > Horizontal Line. See screenshot:
3. Select the horizontal line, right click and select Copy from the right-clicking menu.
4. Click Insert > Signature > Signatures.
5. In the opening Signatures and Stationery dialog box, please:
(1) In the Select Signature to edit section, select the specified signature you will add a horizontal line;
(2) In the Edit signature section, put the cursor where you will add a horizontal line, and press the Ctrl + V to paste the horizontal line;
(3) Click the OK button.
6. Close the new email without saving.
If you are familiar with HTML code, you can add a horizontal line into the signature by modifying its HTML file.
1. Open the folder containing Outlook signatures with pasting below folder path into the Address box of a folder and pressing the Enter key.
Folder path of Outlook signatures: %App Data%\Microsoft\Signatures
2. Right click the specified signature’s HTML file, and select Open with > Notepad from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Notepad, go to the place where you will insert a horizontal line, and type the code of <hr />.
4. Save and close the Notepad.
So far a horizontal line has been inserted into the specified Outlook signature already.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.