How to create a search folder by dynamic date range in Outlook?
You may be familiar to creating a search folder by unread emails, a certain sender, or other criteria in Outlook. But have you ever thought of creating a search folder by a dynamic date range, such as emails received 45 days ago, or emails modified after 10am yesterday? This article will introduce the detailed steps to achieve it in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to create a search folder by dynamic date range in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, select the email account that you will create a search folder within, and then click Folder > New Search Folder.
2. In the New Search Folder dialog box, click to highlight the Create a custom Search Folder option, and click the Choose button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Custom Search Folder dialog box, type a name for the new search folder in the Name box, and click the Criteria button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Search Folder Criteria dialog box, go to the Advanced Tab, and then:
(1) Click Field > Date/Time fields > Received or other time filed as you need;
(2) Select an option as you need from the Condition drop down list. In my case, I select on or before;
(3) In the Value box, type the dynamic date range as you need, such as 45 days ago, 10am yesterday, 2 weeks ago, etc.;
(4) Click the Add to List button.
Note: You can also select common dynamic date range from the Condition drop down list, such as Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, in the last 7 days, in the next 7 days, Last Week, Last month, etc. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK buttons successively to close all opening dialog boxes.
So far it has created a search folder with all emails received in the specified dynamic date range.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.