How to create a search folder excluding folders (Delete Items, RSS, etc.) in Outlook?
When creating a search folder in Outlook, it searches the whole email account by default. But sometimes you may need to create a search folder excluding some folders, such as Delete Items folder, RSS folder, etc. This article will show you the solution to define the search scope for a search folder in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Please follow below steps to create a new search folder excluding the Delete Items folder, RSS folder, or others in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, select the email account that you will create a search folder in, and click Folder > Search Folder. See screenshot:
2. In the opening New Search Folder dialog box, click to highlight the Create a custom Search Folder option, and click the Choose button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Custom Search Folder dialog box comes out. Type a name for the new search folder into the Name box.
4. Still in the Custom Search Folder dialog box. Click the Criteria button to open the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, specify the search criteria as you need and click the OK button in the dialog box. See screenshot:
5. Still in the Custom Search Folder dialog box. Click the Browse button to open the Select Folder(s) dialog box, only check the folders you need to search emails in and click the OK button in the dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: It’s optional to check the Search Subfolders option as you need.
6. Click the OK button in the Custom Search Folder dialog box.
it has created a search folder which will search emails in specified folders only in Outlook.
For example, you just need to create an Unread search folder excluding some folders in Outlook, it will be tedious to configure the search criteria in the Search Folder Criteria dialog box. This method will guide you to create a search folder firstly, and then change its search scope.
Note: If your search folder has been created, please skip to below Step 3.
1. In the Mail view, select the email account that you will create a search folder in, and click Folder > Search Folder.
2. In the New Search Folder dialog box, click to highlight the Unread mail option (or other options as you need), and click the OK button.
4. In the opening Custom Search Folder dialog box, click the Browse button.
5. In the Select Folder(s) dialog box, only check the folders where you need to search email, and click the OK button.
Note: It’s optional to check the Search subfolders option as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.