How to create a search folder across multiple Outlook data files/pst/email accounts?
As you know, a search folder can only search emails in the scope of current mailbox in Outlook. However, Outlook can search across all mailboxes with the Instant Search feature. Therefore, you can try below workaround to create a search folder across multiple emails accounts in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This workaround will guide you to search emails across all mailboxes by the Instant Search feature, and then copy search results into the destination folder in Outlook.
1. In the Navigation Pane, select the email account that you will create a search folder into, and click Folder > New Folder. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create New Folder dialog box, type a name for the new folder into the Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Select any mail folder, type the search criteria into the Instant Search box, and then click Search > All Mailboxes (or All Mail Items). See screenshot:
4. Now all emails meeting the search criteria are found out across all mailboxes. Select all of them, and press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy them.
Note: You can select all search results with clicking the first one in the mail list, and then pressing the Ctrl + Shift+ End keys simultaneously.
5. Click to open the new created folder, and press the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste all search results.
Now all search results are copied to the new created folder. However, this folder is not a real search folder, and emails won't be automatically added into this folder if meeting the search criteria in future.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.