How to create a search folder across multiple Outlook data files/pst/email accounts?
As you know, a search folder can only search emails in the scope of current mailbox in Outlook. However, Outlook can search across all mailboxes with the Instant Search feature. Therefore, you can try below workaround to create a search folder across multiple emails accounts in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This workaround will guide you to search emails across all mailboxes by the Instant Search feature, and then copy search results into the destination folder in Outlook.
1. In the Navigation Pane, select the email account that you will create a search folder into, and click Folder > New Folder. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create New Folder dialog box, type a name for the new folder into the Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Select any mail folder, type the search criteria into the Instant Search box, and then click Search > All Mailboxes (or All Mail Items). See screenshot:
4. Now all emails meeting the search criteria are found out across all mailboxes. Select all of them, and press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy them.
Note: You can select all search results with clicking the first one in the mail list, and then pressing the Ctrl + Shift+ End keys simultaneously.
5. Click to open the new created folder, and press the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste all search results.
Now all search results are copied to the new created folder. However, this folder is not a real search folder, and emails won't be automatically added into this folder if meeting the search criteria in future.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThanks. We've been looking for a solution on this for a while now to catch flagged tasks that were moved into different mailbox folders.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoUseless? If users do not work across several boxes or accounts yes. I know plenty business cases where this is very relevant. People do not want to check all of their mailboxes one by one but prefer a single point of view, for example a search folder that shows all unreads.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoIf multiple email accounts are all POP3 type, you can change their email account settings to share one PST file. Therefore, all unread items of these email accounts will display together in the Unread search folder.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCombined inbox view is not available in Outlook for WIndows (though it is the default in Outlook for Mac!) but you can create a macro button to display a search across all inboxes https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/5187-outlook-display-show-all-inboxes.html
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi Joe W,
Thank you for your comment. Now Kutools for Outlook add a new feature of Consolidating Folders, which can help you merge multiple folders into one easily.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agocompletely useless
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agowow this is so retarded