How to add or remove indent from replying messages in Outlook?
To separating original message and replying content in the Replying Window, you may need to add indent spaces before original message. And this article provides two solutions to achieve it:
- Add or remove indent from all replying messages in Outlook
- Add or remove indent from one replying message in Outlook
This method will guide you to configure the Outlook options and add or remove indent in all replying messages automatically.
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, select the Include and indent original message text option from the When replying to a message drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: If you need to remove indent from original message in replying window, please check the Include original message text option from the When replying to a message drop down list.
3. Click the OK button.
From now on, when replying emails in Outlook, the original message will be indented automatically. See screenshot:
If you need to add or remove indent from one replying message only in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the email you will reply, and click Home > Reply.
2. Now the replying message window is opening. Select the original message in the replying message, and click Format Text > Increase Indent or Decrease Indent to add or remove indent.
Note: You can select all of original message with placing the cursor at the beginning of original message and then pressing Ctrl + Shift + End keys at the same time.
3. Compose the replying message and send it.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoBen Collins
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis doesn't work. Outlook has a lot of issues with iPhone emails. This indent issue is one of them. You CANNOT undo iPhone reply indents in an email. iPhones will continue to add indents when replying to the same email, until the original text is just a LONG single column of individual words.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi CMJ,
Tricks introduced in this webpage are suitable for Outlook desktop application.