How to add or remove indent from replying messages in Outlook?
To separating original message and replying content in the Replying Window, you may need to add indent spaces before original message. And this article provides two solutions to achieve it:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to configure the Outlook options and add or remove indent in all replying messages automatically.
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, select the Include and indent original message text option from the When replying to a message drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: If you need to remove indent from original message in replying window, please check the Include original message text option from the When replying to a message drop down list.
3. Click the OK button.
From now on, when replying emails in Outlook, the original message will be indented automatically. See screenshot:
If you need to add or remove indent from one replying message only in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the email you will reply, and click Home > Reply.
2. Now the replying message window is opening. Select the original message in the replying message, and click Format Text > Increase Indent or Decrease Indent to add or remove indent.
Note: You can select all of original message with placing the cursor at the beginning of original message and then pressing Ctrl + Shift + End keys at the same time.
3. Compose the replying message and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.