How to delete all unread emails in Outlook?
Have you ever received spam emails in Outlook? Hundreds of spam emails comes into my Outlook every day with only several valuable emails that I need to read and respond. Normally I read and respond these valuable ones, and leave spams unread. In this article, I will share my solutions to delete all unread spam emails in Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can find out all unread emails with the Instant Search feature in Outlook, select all search results, and then delete them easily.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder you will delete all unread emails from.
2. Press Ctrl + E keys simultaneously to activate the Search Tools, and then click Search > Unread. See screenshot:
Note: You can also change the search scope in the Scope group on the Search tab.
3. Now all unread emails are found out and listed in the mail list. Select the first search result in the mail list, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys to select all search results.
4. Press the Delete key to remove all found unread emails.
You can also find out all unread emails with the Filter Email feature in Outlook, and then easily delete all filtered out unread emails.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you need to delete all unread emails.
2. Go ahead to click Home > Filter Email > Unread.
And now all unread emails have been filtered out in the current mail folder.
Note: You can also change the filtering scope within the Scope group on the Search tab.
3. Select the first filtered out unread email, next press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys to select all unread emails, and finally click the Delete key.
And now all unread emails are removed from the specified filtering scope.
You can also collects all unread emails within a search folder, and then remove all unread emails at ease from the search folder.
1. Select the email account where you will remove unread emails from, and click Folder > New Search Folder. See screenshot:
2. In the opening New Search Folder dialog box, click to select the Unread mail option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
An unread search folder has been created and added on the Navigation pane. All unread emails will display in the unread search folder automatically.
3. Click to open the unread search folder, and select all unread emails in the mail list. See screenshot:
Note: There are two ways to select all emails in the mail list:
(1) Click any one of emails in the mail list, and then pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time;
(2) Click the first email in the mail list, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys simultaneously.
4. Press the Delete key to remove all selected emails.
And now all unread emails are removed from the Inbox folder immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.