How to let Outlook (not) always ask for profile name when starting?
Some Outlook users may meet the Choose Profile dialog box as below screenshot shown and be asked to select a profile name every time when starting Outlook. This is very useful when you share Outlook with other users, but inconvenient if you just need to work with the default profile only. This article will guide you to let Outlook always ask for profile name when starting, or never ask for profile name when starting.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to configure Outlook profile settings, and let outlook always ask for a profile name when starting, or never ask for a profile name when starting.
1. Press Win + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the Run dialog box, type Control Panel into the Open box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the All Control Panel Items dialog box comes out. Please select Large icons from the View by drop down list, and then click the Mail button. See screenshot:
4. In the opening Mail Setup – Outlook dialog box, please click the Show Profiles button.
5. Now you get into the Mail dialog box, please configure as follows:
A. Let Outlook always ask for a profile name when starting: check the Prompt for a profile to be used option;
B. Let Outlook open directly without asking for profile name: Check the Always use this profile option, and then select the default profile name from below drop down list.
6. Click the OK button to close the Mail dialog box, and then close the All Control Panel Items dialog box.
From now on, it will always prompt the Choose Profile dialog box and ask for a profile name when starting Outlook, or never ask for profile name and start Outlook directly.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.