How to let Outlook (not) always ask for profile name when starting?
Some Outlook users may meet the Choose Profile dialog box as below screenshot shown and be asked to select a profile name every time when starting Outlook. This is very useful when you share Outlook with other users, but inconvenient if you just need to work with the default profile only. This article will guide you to let Outlook always ask for profile name when starting, or never ask for profile name when starting.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
Please follow below steps to configure Outlook profile settings, and let outlook always ask for a profile name when starting, or never ask for a profile name when starting.
1. Press Win + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the Run dialog box, type Control Panel into the Open box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the All Control Panel Items dialog box comes out. Please select Large icons from the View by drop down list, and then click the Mail button. See screenshot:
4. In the opening Mail Setup – Outlook dialog box, please click the Show Profiles button.
5. Now you get into the Mail dialog box, please configure as follows:
A. Let Outlook always ask for a profile name when starting: check the Prompt for a profile to be used option;
B. Let Outlook open directly without asking for profile name: Check the Always use this profile option, and then select the default profile name from below drop down list.
6. Click the OK button to close the Mail dialog box, and then close the All Control Panel Items dialog box.
From now on, it will always prompt the Choose Profile dialog box and ask for a profile name when starting Outlook, or never ask for profile name and start Outlook directly.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.