How to only print message header of an email in Outlook?
When printing an email in Outlook, it will print both of message header and message body in the email. However, in some special cases, you may just need to print out the message header with the subject, sender, recipients, etc. This article will introduce two solutions to do it:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Actually, Outlook does not support to print the message header only. However, you can extract the internet headers of an email, and then print it in a new email or Microsoft Word.
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the email whose internet headers you will print.
2. In the opening Message window, please click File > Info > Properties.
3. Now the Properties dialog box comes out. (1) Place the cursor in the Internet Headers box, (2) press Ctrl + A keys to select all content in the Internet Headers box, (3) next press Ctrl + C keys to copy the content, (4) and finally click the Close button. See screenshot:
4. Now click Home > New Email to create a new email in Outlook, or create a new document in Word, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the content of Internet Headers.
5. Click File > Print to print the pasted Internet headers. After printing, please close the new email or document without saving.
As you see, above method will print the Internet headers of an email which is messy and disordering. This method will introduce the Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook to print the normal message header of an email easily.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select the email whose message header you will print, and click Kutools > Advanced Print. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Advanced Print dialog box, only check the Item Header option in the Print Content section, and click the Print button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Print dialog box comes out. Please specify the printer and other print settings as you need, and then click the Print button. See screenshot:
Now it prints out the selected email’ message header only in Outlook.Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.