How to calculate and show ages by birthdays on Outlook calendar?
Generally speaking, a contact’s birthday will be automatically added as a yearly recurring appointment in the calendar. But do you know how to calculate the contact’s age and show the age directly in the calendar view? This article will introduce a VBA to figure out each contact’s age and show the age on the subject of relative recurring appointment in Outlook.
To calculate each contact’s age and show the age in the subject of relative recurring appointment in Outlook calendar, please do as follows:
1. Open the default calendar folder, and press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new module window.
VBA: Calculate and show contacts’ ages in Outlook calendar
Option Explicit Public Sub UpdateAges() Dim xOlApp As Outlook.Application Dim xOlFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim xOlItems As Outlook.Items Dim xAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem Dim xAge As Integer Dim xOlProp As Outlook.UserProperty Set xOlApp = Outlook.Application Set xOlFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) Set xOlItems = xOlFolder.Items For Each xAppointmentItem In xOlItems If (InStr(1, xAppointmentItem.Subject, "Birthday") Or InStr(1, xAppointmentItem.Subject, "Anniversary")) And xAppointmentItem.IsRecurring = True Then With xAppointmentItem If xAppointmentItem.UserProperties("Original Subject") Is Nothing Then Set xOlProp = xAppointmentItem.UserProperties.Add("Original Subject", olText, True) xOlProp.Value = .Subject .Save End If xAge = DateDiff("yyyy", .Start, Date) .Subject = .UserProperties("Original Subject") & " (" & xAge & " in " & Format(Date, "yyyy") & ")" .Save End With End If Next Set xAppointmentItem = Nothing Set xOlItems = Nothing Set xOlFolder = Nothing Set xOlApp = Nothing End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or the Run button to run this VBA.
When you return to the default calendar, you will see each contact’s age is figured out and shown in the subject of the recurring birthday appointment. See screenshot:
(1) In the subject of a certain contact’s recurring birthday appointment, this contact’s age is embraced by parentheses similar as (41 in 2017), 41 is the age, and 2017 is the current year.
(2) If you change a certain contact’s birthday in contact folder, the age will be removed from the calendar automatically.
(3) This VBA work with the default Outlook calendar only.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.