How to find IP address of sender from incoming email in Outlook?
Let’s say you receive an email from an unknown sender in Outlook, and you want to find out this sender’s IP address, how could you deal with it? This article will introduce the way to find out the IP address of a sender from an incoming email in Outlook.
- Find IP address of sender from incoming email in Outlook
- Find IP address of sender from incoming email with an amazing tool
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To find a sender’s IP address from an incoming email in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Double click to open the specified email whose sender’s IP address you will find.
2. In the Message window, please click the anchor in the Tags group on the Message tab to open the Properties dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: You can also open the Properties dialog box by clicking File > Info > Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, go to the Internet headers section, find out the X-Originating-IP field, and you will get the sender’s IP address as following screenshot shown.
Note: In some spams, you are likely not to find out the X-Originating-IP filed in the Internet headers section directly. In this condition, please go ahead with following steps.
4. Put cursor at the Internal Headers section, press Ctrl + A key to select all header information, and then press Ctrl + C keys to copy all header information.
5. Create a new Word document, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the header information.
And now please look for the IP address embraced with brackets from the pasted header. The sender’s IP address is probably located behind Received field as below screenshot shown.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its cool Message Header Analyzer feature to get the IP address of sender from an incoming email easily in Outlook.
1. Select the email whose sender IP address you need to get, and click Kutools Plus > Message Header Analyzer.
2. In the Message Header Analyzer dialog, go to the Source data tab, scroll to the Received-SPF section, and you will get the sender IP address. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.