How to create a rule in Outlook.com?
Rules are useful and common in Outlook desktop program. But have you ever tried to create a rule in the Outlook.com online? There are two methods to create rules in Outlook.com online.
In this method, I will take the example of automatically coloring all received emails if their subjects contain the keyword of “test”, and show you the way of creating a rule in Outlook.com online.
1. Log in the Outlook.com online, and click Settings > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options webpage, please click Inbox and sweep rules in the left bar, and then click the Add button in the right section. See screenshot:
3. Name the new rule in the Name box. See screenshot:
4. Set rule condition by clicking the box below When the message arrives, and it matches all of these conditions, and then clicking It includes these words > In the subject in the drop down list. See screenshot:
5. In the popping out dialog box, please type test into the box, press the Add button, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Go ahead to set actions. Please click box below Do all of the following, and click Mark the message > with a category. See screenshot:
7. In the popping out dialog box, please specify a color category, and click the OK button.
8. Click the Save button to save the rule.
So far, I have created a rule in Outlook.com online already.
The Outlook.com online also supports to create a rule based on the specified email. Please do as follows:
1. Log in the Outlook.com online, select the specified email, and then click Ellipsis > Create Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out dialog box, the selected email’s sender, recipients, and subject are added as rule conditions. You can click the Close buttons to remove them, and click Add condition button to add other rule conditions.
3. You can add rule actions by picking up one of actions from the Do all of the following drop down list. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button to save the new rule.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.